Posted: Mar 3 2015, 08:35 PM

isn't it romantic?
seventeen

male

human

RAPIDFIRE WINNER

izzy

free!

Rin can't help it - he panics at Haru's latest text. The phone's vibration is nothing compared to the electricity that runs through his chest. It's too soon, he expected to have more time to come to terms with his stupid emoji mistake and the red smears that were streaked across his cheeks and the top of his ears. Instead, he's scrambling, almost tripping on the sweats that hang around his ankles as he makes his way to the back door to let Haru inside. There's no reason for Rin to be so anxious (it's not like this is a date), but he can't shake the stupid, awkward teenage boy bull that's still hovering just below the surface.

You're a mess, Rin has to laugh at himself despite the embarrassment that he already feels. It only takes a minute for him to reach the door, which he unlocks and slides open for Haru to slip in. "Finally made it, huh?" he tries to say as smoothly as possible, body hanging in a slight lean against the door. "Well --" he lets the door close behind Haru and starts to stretch his arms behind his head as they walk down the hall towards the pool "-- gave me some time to warm up, at least."

PM
^
NANASE HARUKA
 Posted: Apr 4 2015, 08:38 PM

i only swim free.
SEVENTEEN

MALE

HUMAN

EARTH *

SPRING

FREE!

Little thought's devoted to the accidental text. Rather than focus on what happened five minutes prior, he's anticipating what's to come in the five minutes that follow; the shimmer of the water, the weightlessness he'll feel after diving in, the push against his hand when he carves his fingers through the surface...

A hand's raised to knock but Rin's already holding it open and he steps through. With one quick glance he catches reddened cheeks but stays quiet, save for a soft "yeah" about his arrival.

When they reach the pool, he's quick to remove the turquoise polo, khakis and loafers that serve as his work uniform. Blue eyes glance up to find Rin again, and he asks one last time, "you sure about this?" before stepping to the pool's edge.

Doesn't want to get him fired. (But he's also not expecting Rin to change his mind, which he's happy for.)

im so rusty im so sorry
150 words

PM
^
MATSUOKA RIN ϟ
 Posted: Apr 9 2015, 06:37 PM

isn't it romantic?
seventeen

male

human

RAPIDFIRE WINNER

izzy

free!

"Geez, Haru." Rin makes sure to use the most dramatic roll of his eyes as he pulls his sweats back down his hips. He's a little surprised that Haru even bothered to ask at all instead of stripping off his clothes and jumping right in. Not that Rin minded. It was... nice? Considerate. Something like that. "I said it was fine, didn't I?"

He pitches his sweats on a nearby chair once they're unwrapped from his ankles and takes a few steps closer to the edge of the pool. The water is shimmering in the dim light, reflecting a dance of glitter across the walls and all the skin the moonlight can reach, and Rin thinks (with an eye on the head of dark hair in front of him) that yeah, this was definitely fine.

"Get in already," Rin drawls, but the mischief shines brighter in his eyes as he presses both hands to Haru's shoulders and gives him a hard push. It takes a moment for the grin (and the laughter) to die off of Rin's lips, but as soon as it does, he slips into the water as well.

word count: 191

PM
^
NANASE HARUKA
 Posted: May 19 2015, 01:37 PM

i only swim free.
SEVENTEEN

MALE

HUMAN

EARTH *

SPRING

FREE!

No answer is given because it's not necessary, even after Rin's roll of the eyes which Haru manages to catch from the corner of his own. Quickly though his attention returns to the pool, and he's about to bend, to set one leg behind the other in order to spring, when fingers meet his shoulders and shove him forward.

He tips in easy and without any flail; might as well be falling into a waiting pair of arms set to catch him. The familiar quiet fills his ears once he's under the surface, muted softness filling his ears when the splash is over. Grace returns with a kick of his legs and twist of his torso and he takes his time, lets the water pull him back to the surface as it pleases. Once emerged, he gives a shake of his head and slides his gaze towards Rin, his expression flat.

(you done messing around?)

"Thought you wanted to race," he says while treading water but a few feet away. Fine with him that they're not, really, but he points it out anyway as though it'll offset the laughter that he knows was there (and as his expensive) only a moment ago.

Yet, it's not lost on Haru that in a place so very strange, something finally feels familiar.

PM
^
MATSUOKA RIN ϟ
 Posted: Jun 9 2015, 10:01 PM

isn't it romantic?
seventeen

male

human

RAPIDFIRE WINNER

izzy

free!

It was true - that was the excuse Rin had used to initiate the conversation (because a text could never just be a text) and lure Haru to the recreation center pool, but he didn't have a particularly burning desire to race. It was satisfying enough to just exist in the same space again. Instead of swimming through a life that he had no anchor for, at least now, Rin could float with the knowledge that the current wouldn't sweep him out to sea.

"I do," he replies once his head has broken the surface of the water and his hair is slicked back beneath his palms. Rin tips onto his back, hands locked behind his head so the next shrug is more pronounced. "Just wouldn't be fair if I didn't let you get loose."

He opens his mouth to continue, but decides rather quickly to let the words die before they reach his tongue. It wouldn't make a difference if Haru knew that Rin had missed him. That he'd missed this.

Naturally, he scoffs instead. "So hurry up. I don't have all night."

(He does)

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

VIEW SIDEBAR