gods & monsters
thirstiest member
alida

Add Reply
New Poll

SUBPLOT 001: WISP
PRINCESS RAPUNZEL ♛
 Posted: May 20 2015, 11:38 PM

i promise. and when i promise something, i never, ever break that promise. ever.
twenty-one

she/her

princess

STAFF

alida

TANGLED

subplot 001: wisp

Weapons the likes of which Rinel has never seen have been forged and created the last few months in an attempt to combat the spirits continuing to wreak havoc on the town and its residents. Unfortunately, thusfar, all efforts have been in vain. Spirits quickly learn the weaknesses of weapons, or infiltrate them to turn against the wielder.

Frustrated by their lack of progress, the Council brought in even more scientists of all ages and skill levels, as well as robotic engineers. Together, they created the WISP, or Wilds Ionic Sensory Prototype.

Constructed with bio-materials that counteract the Spirits corporeal forms, as well as fields to protect them from magic interference, the WISPs are essentially mechas — large robotic creatures piloted by volunteers to fight the unruly spirits.

Though the WISPs have, so far, been much more successful in keeping the spirits at bay, it’s a dangerous task that never ends, since spirits regenerate almost immediately. The force needs as many volunteers as possible, and construction for new mechas is ongoing. If you’re interested in piloting or navigating a WISP, simply stop by City Hall for more information and to fill out an application.

The WISPs are essentially large, black robots sent to fight the Spirits of the Wilds. They're about three times the height of an average human, and look like a typical mecha in style, though they're constructed with vaguely humanoid bodies and proportions.

There is one pilot per WISP -- they control the robot inside the cockpit, which is located within the head. Pilots are outfitted with form-fitting gear that allows the WISP to mimic the movements of their upper body and helmets which allow them to see outside of the robot. The pilots have pedals and switches below their feet to control the mecha's lower-body movements.

Though each WISP has only one pilot, there are two people assigned to each unit. The second is the navigator, who stays back at their base in City Hall. The navigator is given equipment that allows them to see from different vantage points around the WISP, as well as communicate with the pilot, giving them directions and support. Navigators can request to be placed with a certain pilot, or will be randomly assigned to a pilot in need. Pilots will not operate a WISP if they have no navigator to assist them.

Spots are currently limited, since WISPs take quite a bit of time and money to create, but volunteers are highly encouraged to apply regardless, and are put on a waiting list until more units are ready. Scientists and engineers are also always welcome to apply.

If you'd like to apply for any of the positions (WISP Pilot, Navigator, Scientist, or Engineer) please reply to this topic with your character's name and the desired position. If the spaces are full, you can still reply to be put on the waiting list. If you're applying as a Navigator, you can either request a random assignment or a specific pilot to be paired with. Pilots can also request specific unit numbers or ask for a random assignment. Spots for scientists and engineers are currently unlimited.

wisp pilots
UNIT 001: IKARI SHINJI
UNIT 002: BOLIN
UNIT 003: IKUSABA MUKURO
UNIT 004: OPEN
UNIT 005: TWENTY-FIFTH BAAM
UNIT 006: RAYNOLD BERGER
UNIT 007: MATOI RYUUKO
UNIT 008: SQUALL LEONHEART

WAITING LIST
OPEN
navigators
UNIT 001: ALFENDI LAYTON
UNIT 002: ROXY LALONDE
UNIT 003: HINATA HYUUGA
UNIT 004: SPIKE SPIEGEL
UNIT 005: OPEN
UNIT 006: OPEN
UNIT 007: OPEN
UNIT 008: RINOA HEARTILLY

WAITING LIST
FUEGUCHI HINAMI
scientists
L LAWLIET
engineers
ASAMI SATO
SOUDA KAZUICHI
PMEmail
^
TWENTY-FIFTH BAAM
 Posted: May 20 2015, 11:47 PM

N/A
twenty-three

male

human

WATER

thrall

tower of god

2th Baam as a pilot for mumber 5, mayhaps?

And Hinata on the waiting list to be a navigator, only to take a post if there are empty spots left after sign ups, if that's okay!
PM
^
IKARI SHINJI ϟ
 Posted: May 20 2015, 11:50 PM

It was... it was the first time someone told me they loved me.
sixteen

male

human

RAPIDFIRE WINNER

sabby

neon genesis evangelion

Shinji doesn't wanna get in the robot, but he's got no choice. The decision is already made. Sign him up as a Pilot, feel free to assign him a random navigator. I'm thinking 001 would bring back some lovely memories for him~
PM
^
ASAMI SATO
 Posted: May 20 2015, 11:56 PM

*does a hairflip* *breaks her neck*
twenty-one

female

human

AIR

asa

legend of korra

sign asami up as an engineer... like harry potter who cant get over his glory days always talking about "i did this back in my day 2 years ago ahaha wow"
PM
^
MATOI RYUUKO
 Posted: May 21 2015, 03:05 AM

I'LL TAKE MY OWN PATH NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS.
SEVENTEEN

FEMALE

LIFE FIBER HUMAN

FIRE *

CAIT

KILL LA KILL

sign ryuuko up as a pilot i want to tear something down. she can have a random navigator tho i do not mind.
PMEmail
^
BOLIN
 Posted: May 21 2015, 10:06 AM

N/A
twenty

male

human

WATER

halcyon

legend of korra

sign bolin up as a pilot! he can have uncertain feels about who he's working for again. random navigator is fine with me too! <3
PM
^
IKUSABA MUKURO
 Posted: May 21 2015, 10:45 AM

N/A
seventeen

female

human

WATER *

spring

dangan ronpa

pls sign up mukuro ikusaba for piloting unit 003 and i'll brb

edit: ok also pls sign up L as an unwilling scientist who was put on the project by light yagami specifically and without permission :\
PM
^
RINOA HEARTILLY
 Posted: May 21 2015, 11:29 AM

Today, the time we have now, is important.
SEVENTEEN

FEMALE

SORCERESS

WATER *

SPRING

FINAL FANTASY

HI IM BACK ok nero can't post atm but
he'd like to sign up squall leonhart as pilot of unit 008
with rinoa heartilly as squall's navigator OK THE END
PM
^
JADE HARLEY
 Posted: May 21 2015, 11:50 AM

i know i'm on hiatus rn but with the hope that i'll be able
to come off it soon i'd like to sign jade up as a scientist
please. :]
^
FUEGUCHI HINAMI
 Posted: May 21 2015, 11:58 AM

Hello! I'm just getting started, but I'd like to put Hinami on the waiting list to be a navigator, please
^
SPIKE SPIEGEL
 Posted: May 21 2015, 12:00 PM

N/A
TWENTY SEVEN

MALE

HUMAN

FIRE

isla

COWBOY BEBOP

ok i'm mobile rn this is so difficult BUT i'd like to sign up spike as a nav. idc who he's paired with but ur in for a wild ride
PM
^
ALFENDI LAYTON
 Posted: May 21 2015, 12:22 PM

N/A
TWENTY NINE

MALE

HUMAN

AIR

DELPHI

PROFESSOR LAYTON

sign alfendi up as a navigator to confuse the hell outta some poor pilot
PM
^
RAYNOLD BERGER *
 Posted: May 22 2015, 07:00 PM

DOES HE THINK WE SAVED HIM BECAUSE HE LOOKED PRETTY OR SOMETHING?
twenty six

male

human

APPLYING

izzy

LESSA THE CRIMSON KNIGHT

YOU CAN SIGN RANO UP AS A PILOT!!!!
he's ready to protect and serve
PM
^
SOUDA KAZUICHI
 Posted: May 23 2015, 09:38 AM

Look... Bad stuff happens to engines, yeah? Sometimes, irreparable bad stuff. Sad, but true. This, though? Grounded plane, otherwise fine, completely missing engines? That’s deliberate. Someone wants us to stay here.
nineteen

male

human

AIR

brass

dangan ronpa

Think Sonia-san will probably pitch being an Engineer for this thing to Souda, so count him in.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

VIEW SIDEBAR